Saturday, October 3, 2009

Time to make some changes.

        I ran 4 1/2 miles today on the treadmill.It felt great! I have been a slacker lately,and I have not been running. I think mostly because I've just been tired.At the risk of sounding like a complainer, I'M TIRED. My job is largely to blame.For those of you that don't know me well, my shifts are 24 hrs. I've been doing it for 13 yrs, you would think I'd be used to it by now. Anyway, it's time to make some changes. Katy and I have vowed to get more sleep, and to eat better.We eat a very well balanced diet,but lately I've been "snacking" more than I should.I think I eat for comfort sometimes,like self medicating.That is a very bad habit.I don't have weight to lose,but I want to avoid diabetes.I wish they would make Cheetos vitamin fortified.How awesome would that be if they were good for you.

         I still have not reached my running goal of 10 miles.We're on the fence still for the 1/2 marathon.I think I'm going to look  into running another race,maybe a 10k.Having that to work toward will give me motivation.I feel like I hit a plateau that I need to get past.I will try to blog my miles more in case someone cares.

      Katy is awesome.We are making an effort to pray together more.We are hoping God will honor that and bless our family in unexpected ways. We still are tossing around the idea of adoption.On one hand it would be nice to have the freedom to date more and be more "husband and wife" instead of feeling like"mom and dad" ALL the time.On the other hand there are so many children out there that need love that Katy and I have to give.God has not taken the desire away from us.We are trusting His timing, and plan for our lives.God is good all the time. Scripture for this week"For it is by Grace you have been saved through faith; and that is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8 And off I go...

2 comments:

  1. Cheetos would make an awesome vitamin, I agree!! Though I don't eat them often, when I do I savor them :). Your running will get there; once you set a goal to run a race distance you've never attempted, it makes the training that much more doable. A purpose behind your running propels it forward!

    You're right about Eddie Money....I loved him in college! I will add some of that soon. Turns out, I didn't even listen to my iPod in Portland as much as I thought - I kinda got swept up in the conversations around me and enjoyed those for awhile!

    Happy Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement.Congrats on Portland.Your miles inspire me.

    ReplyDelete