Thursday, September 23, 2010

I want to be like Him cause he wants to be like me.

Well the blog isn't called "Adventures in waiting" for no reason. We still haven't heard from Ollos about being officially certified to adopt. People have told us that waiting is the hardest part. So since I don't have any news about the adoption, I'll write about other things I'm excited about.If you know me at all you already know I love my family.We are very blessed to have such great kids. All three of our children are growing to be awesome people. It's my prayer that our kids would grow to be adults that love God and do awesome things to further His kingdom. There is a song that is a man speaking to God saying, " I want to be like you, because he wants to be like me."The father is saying he wants to be Christlike because his son wants to grow to be like him. There are alot of things I may not be able to do for my kids, but I cannot fail them in that area. God has called me to raise my/His children for Him. If you are a father reading this, I challenge you to think of the song lyrics and live that way. It is a daily challenge for me to do it.God please show me the areas where I'm failing you and convict me to change.

I did Insanity this morning. If you don't know what that is, you should check it out. It's torture. It is a great workout that while doing it, one wonders," Why am I doing this to myself? I could feel the same pain by catching my thighs on fire, and save myself 40 minutes." I'm gonna wake up unable to walk tomorrow. I know poor me right? Well anyway, I'm telling you that so I can say that I am having some coffee which is really awesome.I wish Katy was here to share it with me.

Anyway I'm beginning to ramble.It's a slow day at work today. In my line of work, that's a good thing.I'll be back.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment