Saturday, September 12, 2009

My first blog

This is my first blog. This blog is mostly for me, kind of like a journal I suppose since not many people are likely to see it. If you do, feel free to leave a comment, or advice on running which I could always use.
       This blog is mostly about my running, but I love my wife and kids so much that I can't resist including funny stories. My kids make me laugh everyday. Katy and I have an exceptional marriage that is Christ centered and always will be.
       The thing I enjoy the most is running.Ultimately, my goal is to run a full marathon before I turn 40. Call it an early midlife crisis if you will, but it is something I have to do for myself.  I grew up eating a terrible diet that just got worse when left to my own devices. There was a time  when I could put away a whole pizza in one sitting, and did quite often. Throw in large amounts of alcohol and smoking, and you got a life primed for a heart attack. I met and married Katy, who is the poster child for fitness America.( I guess opposits do attract)With her help I quit smoking, but it was when I reached 190 lbs, I decided it was time to make some lifestyle changes.I won't bore you with the details, but that is how I started running.Now I weigh 165 lbs. I am really hoping to avoid diabetes, or stroke which run in my family.Katy and I are training for the half marathon together. She is temporarily sidelined for back pain, but recovering quickly.Maybe we'll run P.F Chang's in Jan, we'll see. We have a great time running together anyway. Some days are great running days, and other days suck, but they're all fun. And off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment